Causes: On Windows 2000 (maybe Windows XP and others), when you install CSNW and Novell's Netware client, it adds extra stuff to your autoexec.nt file. When you uninstall the client, it leaves a few turds around on your system (don't they all?) that could cause problems.
Solution: Edit your %SystemRoot%\system32\autoexec.nt file and delete three lines.
* Double-click on my computer
* Double-click on C:
* Look for "WINNT" or "WINDOWS". Remember which one you saw.
* Start -> Run
* Type in notepad c:\winnt\system32\autoexec.nt
If you saw "WINDOWS" instead of "WINNT" use notepad c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
* Look for these lines:
REM Install network redirector
* Delete those three lines, and only those three lines.
* File -> Save
* Close Notepad – You are done!
Uninstalling CSNW Rumkin.com